This position is responsible for assisting in the installation, maintenance and repair of the water
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The following example of duties, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within
this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the classification. The
omission of a duty does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such
functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Performs preventative maintenance and repair work on water mains, fire hydrants,
valves and service lines.
• Maintains rights-of-way, easements, tanks, sites, pump sites, reservoir, and other
• Cleans out valve boxes and exercises system valves.
• Installs new water mains, service lines, fire hydrants, valves and meter sets.
• Removes and replaces asphalt, concrete, grass, and landscaping elements.
• Sets up proper traffic control devices and flags traffic.
• Participates in on-call rotation and responds to after-hours emergencies.
CEW&SA seeks an individual who can work effectively with employees across the organization.
The ideal candidate is an adaptive problem solver with experience developing and motivating
other employees in the pursuit of CEW&SA goals and initiatives. This person will be a relationship
builder who can maintain those working relationships with the public, other department
employees. This person must be reliable, a self-starter, versatile in performing multiple aspects
of the position without constant supervision, and a part of the team. The successful candidate will
need some technical knowledge to perform the job duties that are required.
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages; and
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the
position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having
had a similar position for one to two years; or
• Possession of an ADEM Water Grade I Operator Certification.
• Possession of a valid Alabama Class A Commercial Driver’s License not required, but
would benefit the applicant in the hiring process.
• Ability to obtain a valid Alabama Class A Commercial Driver’s License within one year of
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on
the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check,
drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. If required, those selected for employment may serve a one-year probationary period.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The work is typically performed in an office and in the field. Field work involves risks or discomforts
which require special safety precautions, e.g., working under extreme outdoor weather conditions,
working around moving parts, machines, irritant chemicals, walking on uneven ground and around
obstacles, etc. May be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, coats, goggles,
gloves, or shields. Field work requires some physical exertion such as walking, climbing, bending,
stooping, stretching, or similar activities.
• Location: Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
• Position Title: Technician 2 (CEW&SA)
• Company Name: Central Elmore Water and Sewer Authority
• Job Function: Operations
• Job Type: Full-Time
• Job Duration: Indefinite
• Min Education: Highschool Diploma or GED, Alabama Grade I Water
• Required Travel: 0-10%
• Salary: (Based on Experience)
• Close Date: Open until filled
Employees are offered a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, and life
insurance, paid annual and sick leave, paid holidays, and the State of Alabama Retirement
Send resume and application (cewsa.com) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 716 US
Hwy 231, Wetumpka 36093. Reference Technician 2 Application.